Robotic Industrial Design Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
As an Amazon Robotics Solutions Design Engineer, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of robotic fulfillment systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment. Amazon's culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
• Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
• Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
• Collaboration with internal teams to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
• Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects
• Evaluate and create physical processing and material storage solutions using cutting edge technology, robotics and data analytics to meet the product flow requirements based on Amazon design principles.
• Identify and analyze key operational and financial metrics as part of program and feature selection in order to drive smart decisions.
• Coordinate with systems and operations engineering teams to develop product features and optimize the performance of the FCs.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (any discipline), or a related field or 2+ years Amazon experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
• Experience must involve management of engineering design projects.
• Ability to travel 10% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
• Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
• Capital project management skills.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
• Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
• Design-in-Safety experience
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top