Road Safety Manager, North America
Amazon's Logistics Delivery Stations Team is seeking a highly skilled Road Safety professional to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to safe and compliant operations in our North American AMZL Last Mile transportation network. AMZL NA Last Mile encompasses all of the operations (Designated Service Providers and Flex), that deliver our critical last mile customer service. This exciting opportunity will be based in US and report directly to the Senior EHS Manager AMZL NA (Last Mile).
The successful candidate will address opportunities that enhance safety through technology, control the carrier/service provider/vendor/contractor qualification process for safety, monitor the safety results of those entities, ensure compliance, reduce carrier accidents when those carriers are providing services to AMZL Last Mile through the standards prescribed in the respective agreements, reduce injuries and accidents, decrease delivery times through defect reduction and improved efficiency, and increase customer demand for the Last Mile delivery.
This involves building the infrastructure necessary to monitor and guide the Last Mile transportation network in real time for all safety related matters. This position will be working directly with regulatory agencies and enforcement to collaborate on defining the best ground transportation safety programs in the industry. This role will be responsible for creating the minimum contracting standards for transportation safety, identifying safety technologies that will be required of all carriers providing services to Amazon, creating the roadmap for long term sustainable on-road safety programs, and identifying related solutions in the marketplace. This will include negotiating terms along with preparing the analysis summary of cost saving opportunities to determine the priority and feasibility of potential projects.
This position will be responsible for managing of employees and directing work; addressing operational issues in the AMZL Last Mile network. The position will be responsible for following respective local, state, federal, provincial and other related enforcement and governmental procedures and guidelines; directly supervising the functions that ensure monitoring and reporting metrics for transportation safety of all inbound and outbound freight operations; working with other managers to provide direction, guidance to team members.
Required Travel up to 60%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 5 years of experience or BA/BS in business, engineering, logistics or similar field plus 3 years combined direct experience in safety program management and international regulatory compliance related roles
- Experience managing carrier safety through service provider and carrier, brokerage, purchased transportation, and related contractual agreements
- Demonstrated results in programs that resulted in the adoption of safety technologies by carriers providing services under an agreement with a shipper, broker, carrier, or other third party
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and management of third-party vendors
- Experience with complex problem solving and analysis using statistical methods, financial modeling, risk reduction modeling
- Familiarity with the design and operation of complex operating processes
- Familiarity with identifying safety crash mitigation and related technologies for deployment in transportation equipment
- Communication skills are clear, organized, and concise with an ability to adapt to appropriate audience
- Independent & Entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
- Focused on delivering results for Amazon.com customers
- Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
- Familiarity with Electronic Logging Devices and transportation telematics
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- MBA or graduate degree + 5
- Experience with worldwide small package and/or truckload transportation industry; including
- Knowledge of relevant carriers and high-volume small package operations
- Knowledge of Line-Haul, LTL and Parcel rate structures is highly desirable
- Knowledge of first mile and last mile delivery and related safety programs
- Knowledge of import/export and hazmat regulations
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Data retrieval/mining skills using Data Warehouse Systems.
- Diverse foreign language and culture familiarity
- International trade experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top