RME Regional Portfolio Manager
- United States
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for a Regional Portfolio Manager!
The goal of our team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over maintenance, repair and vendor management operations to support the Global Specialty Fulfillment, AMZL and Specialty Retail businesses across the North American market.
The Regional Portfolio Manager will manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as influence, negotiate and develop relationships at all levels of the organization. Additionally, they must be a highly skilled vendor management professional.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Manage all engineering and commissioning of complex projects
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to site teams, vendors and leaders within various Amazon teams across a number of Amazon business units
• Assist in coordinating information between various teams in the organization
• Develop long-term strategies and assisting procurement with negotiations and cost-out initiatives
• Source and hold vendors accountable to established KPIs and scopes of services
• Travel domestically up to 75% of the time, based on business needs
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field or 4+ years of professional or military experience
• Experience conducting condition-based calibration site assessments
• Experience in retail and fulfillment/distribution environment systems and applications to include: refrigeration and base building systems, material handling and storage systems, and CMMS systems
• Experience in workplace safety, including hazardous energy control and data-driven decision making
• 2+ years of Vendor Relation Management, specifically for commercial refrigeration applications in large distribution centers
• Deep understanding and knowledge of PdM, predictive tools/condition monitoring systems for electrical distribution, refrigeration equipment and/or food processing equipment
• Implementation of vendor based maintenance solutions to drive equipment reliability and up time for commercial refrigeration systems and food processing equipment
• Experienced in design review process to incorporate electrical, mechanical, automation controls solutions to drive equipment reliability and standards
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations
• Bias for action to remedy issues quickly
• Detail-oriented problem solver skilled in minimizing cost and risk through effective compliance auditing and safety culture
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Strong oral and written skills
• Ability to effectively interface across Corporate, Engineering, Store Operations, Field Business Partners and 3P Vendors to determine, coordinate and achieve corporate objectives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $96,700-$160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top