RME Launch Safety Program Manager (LOTO & Arc Flash)
- United States
Amazon's mission is to be the earth's most customer-centric company with a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people who find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace.
The RME Launch Safety Program Manager will provide source and manage contracted vendors to implement OSHA arc flash and hazardous energy control programs in new facilities. A successful candidate is skilled in time management, balancing workloads, and performing effectively under challenging conditions such as fluctuating priorities, changing assignments, constrained budgets and resources. This role will develop and implement electrical safety programs and initiatives, including hazard assessments, analysis, written safety procedures, and audits.
• Develop statement of work/service and source vendors to perform hazard evaluations and risk assessments to comply with applicable OSHA, National Fire Protection Administration, and Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers requirements or methodologies.
• Provide vendors design and electrical construction drawings for analysis/modeling.
• Source and provide vendors utility data (short circuit study).
• Coordinate proposals for vendor services and obtain purchase orders.
• Ensure vendor conducts an on-site study of installed topology for base building, Material Handling Equipment, and other facility equipment.
• Ensure hazard warning labels, safety placards and tags (as applicable) are applied to all studied devices.
• Ensure vendor conducts subsequent studies of installed topology for phase 2 (as applicable) and audits for any changes as indicated by the as-built drawings.
• Review IR and device coordination studies and resolve compliance discrepancies with vendor, construction and maintenance teams.
• Escalate safety or compliance risks to the controlling authority and aid development of mitigation strategies.
• Serve as s technical advisor for the application of OSHA, National Fire Protection Administration, and IEEE electrical safety requirements.
• Provide OSHA arc flash and hazardous energy control support to field maintenance teams for new product integration or facility renovation
• Provide progress reports, metrics and perform onsite audits to validate compliance of vendor services.
• Travel domestically up to 50%.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, program/construction management (or related field)
• 5+ years' experience in building construction and commissioning.
• Experience interpreting plans to audit site practices against written standards as part of assurance role.
• Experience interpreting contract plans and specifications and system redundancies to assure compliance with Amazon and government EHS standards.
• Experience within the areas of Greenfield infrastructure building and construction.
• Ability to review safety plans such as JHAs, THAs, LOTO procedures for energy isolation
• Experience in verifying conformance with developed plans.
• Experience with construction general electrical and mechanical energy isolation.
• Master's degree
• Have or working towards PMP, ASP, CSP, or NEBOSH certification.
• Ability to review, understand and apply safety codes associated with other standards including but not limited to ASTM, ANSI, ASHREA, NFPA, NEC, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to engineers and non-engineers.
• Ability to interact with teams and implement improvements.
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certified
• Have a detailed understanding of EHS construction regulatory requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Experience in technical, standards, or program writing.
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $96,700/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top