- Pittsburgh, PA
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust the Selling Partner Trust and Risk team is tasked with identifying and preventing abuse for our customers and brand owners worldwide. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Selling Partner Trust and Risk team designs and implements policies, tools and technology innovations to protect customers. Our team is looking for leaders to take ownership of these various areas and deliver on critical and high visibility projects. We are looking for a Risk Manager to manage critical and high impact global events. The ideal candidate should be passionate about helping us ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that brand owners and selling partners using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Your decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and selling partners but will help maintain the health of the Amazon catalog and product listings ecosystem.
• The ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering results and providing input to improve program strategy.
• Lead and support teams in responding to, investigating, managing and resolving high-impact incidents around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety issues.
• Provide support in the development of deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives and Correction of Errors (COE) reports.
• Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and develop solutions to close them.
• Own and/or manage projects designed to improve operational and process efficiency. This will include accessing and analyzing data and working extensively with external teams.
• Closely monitor media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Be comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
• Use high-level judgment to own our most complex enforcement decisions.
• Work within a WW team which might require non-standard hours at times to accommodate critical meetings
• At least 2-5 years of experience working in relevant industries such as law, customer service, investigations, risk management, project management, etc.
• Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional written communication skills - able to write, clearly and succinctly
• Exceptional ownership and bias for action - willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
• Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
• Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
• Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
• Experience working in risk, fraud or compliance organizations
• High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
• Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Most investigations will be in English, however language skills in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other non-English languages are a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top