Risk Product Manager
Amazon is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Risk Management team. The Product Manager will partner with several key stakeholders and business customers globally. In this role, you will join the team responsible for developing and launching new products that support growth of our key business partners and customers.
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company whose innovation in products, services and speed to market create both challenges and opportunities. As part of our team, you will manage multiple projects, communicating to numerous stakeholders and successfully navigating ambiguity. Specifically, you will:
- Own collaboration with multiple internal and external business teams around the globe to launch complex insurance projects.
- Work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and deliver solutions meeting our customers' needs.
- Be the driving force that manages all the moving pieces to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
- Ensure all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status.
- Tailor your communications clearly and concisely to both internal business and external support providers.
- Take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement as we are always on the lookout for ways to advance our processes, product quality, and overall efficiency.
You must be able to:
- Lead business critical projects with global impacts. Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross functional project teams and program stakeholders.
- Interact with project sponsors, stakeholders and multiple cross functional teams to define and deliver insurance related projects.
- Clearly communicate vision, plans, and project status to management and key stakeholders.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints.
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information and meeting notes/action items to stakeholders.
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Understand, plan, and manage the cross functional interdependencies for complex systems.
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus.
- Learn, be curious and provide process improvement recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of hands on, results driven, strong project management skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple, competing priorities effectively.
- Knowledge of business insurance.
- Understanding of risk management best practices.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer oriented with strong sense of service and passion.
- Ability to challenge status quo and drive change. Thrive on fast pace, action and accountability.
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs via excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- A self-starter who works independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to develop and foster strategic relationships, working collaboratively and in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to team with people from other organizations, independently of borders (functions, regions, and affiliates) to reach a target.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top