Our vision for Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance is to support Amazon's mission offering the widest selection of safe and compliant products to our customers. We are looking for a Hard-lines Senior Risk Manager to join our Worldwide Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance Team. The position is located in Seattle.
The Senior Risk Manager will work with internal Private Brands stakeholders and business teams across the company to develop innovative solutions with predefined safety and compliance requirements, using high level process/system solutions. This person will leverage compliance and regulatory Affairs experience and knowledge while influencing cross-functional business and development teams including business leadership, procurement teams, Compliance operations, Quality, legal, and a variety of internal business partners, and external vendors to drive product compliance across the supply chain.
The Senior Risk Manager will manage project timelines, resources, and stakeholder communication are required for on-time and successful launches.
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance within a Hardline manufacturer/retailer environment across a breadth of product types
• 10+ years of experience working in Hardline manufacturing or retail environment in process improvement, project management or operations
• 6+ years' project and program management experience
• Experience creating sustainable processes with mechanisms used to ensure compliance
• Experience using knowledge of Hardlines laws and regulations and communicating requirements to non-technical Stakeholders
• Experience using verbal and written communication skills to communicate with leaders inside the organization and with external partners
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
• Bachelor's Degree with a scientific focus
• MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing or Equivalent)
• Experience with Six Sigma
• 10+ years of experience managing Safety and Compliance in a large scale retail or manufacturing environment
• Experience as a Regulatory Affairs manager
• CE marking products experience
• Online/retail experience
• EMEA experience is a plus
• Exceptional organization skills
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Experience managing up to 2 people
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.