Risk Manager - Payment Products
- Seattle, WA
Amazon, the world's most customer centric company, seeks a Risk Manager to support Amazon's payments organization. In this role, you will participate in risk assessments of new products and services, as well of our existing processes and systems. You will identify opportunities to improve processes and associated controls to mitigate risk and improve financial and operational performance. You will also be responsible for identifying and promoting the processes and capabilities needed to detect and respond to process irregularities, as well as to prevent and mitigate credit, fraud and abuse risks for payments. As a Risk Manager, you will engage with payments business, operations, and technology teams to help them manage risks to their business, including other specialized fraud, risk, compliance, and legal functions.
This position supports a global organization and is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment within the Consumer Payments Risk Management function, which is a centralized risk function supporting risk management activities for Amazon's Consumer Payments organization globally.
About Amazon's Consumer Payments organization: The Consumer Payments (CP) organization is responsible for managing the payment methods that we accept around the world, the supply chain needed for Amazon to accept payments, the paying customer experience, and driving down Amazon's Cost of Payments. We are also responsible for creating and operating a collection of Amazon-branded payment products (including Gift Cards, Credit Card Products, Amazon Currency Converter, and Shop with Points), as well as the Business Payments, Seller Lending, and Amazon Pay businesses. Our mission in Consumer Payments is to delight our customers by building payment experiences and financial services that are trusted, valued and easy to use from anywhere in any way.
• Liaise with payments business leaders and product managers to identify emerging risks and opportunities.
• Serve as an advisor within the centralized Risk Management team on credit, fraud, operational, financial, and/or information risks.
• Perform risk assessments to evaluate new products, services, and features - including launches of new payment methods and processes and identify new risks and opportunities.
• Advise on risk mitigation strategies and control mechanisms to prevent credit, fraud, abuse, and other operational risks that negatively impact Amazon, our partners, and our customers.
• Perform periodic risk assessments of existing products and processes in the Consumer Payments organization to identify emerging risks, develop and support mitigation plans, manage compliance, and maintain a positive CX while driving profitability.
• Implement effective processes to surface and evaluate risks that can scale globally; Develop and support tools that can be leveraged by CP product and business owners to identify and mitigate risks.
• Influence the risk culture and risk maturity of each business team by promoting best practices for risk mitigation across the organization.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the management team regarding emerging risks, project progress and roadblocks.
• Independently manage complex projects and work with senior leaders in CP and other support functions across the company.
• Support a risk and compliance plan that effectively protects Amazon and our customers.
• Develop, audit, and analyze risk metrics for each CP business.
• 7+ years of professional experience in Risk Management or other internal control functions (e.g. internal audit, compliance, fraud mitigation, etc.) in a financial services, insurance, payments, merchant/acquiring, audit/consulting, business software, retail or online services company
• 5 + years of experience in portfolio management, credit risk management, Enterprise, Strategic, Product or Operational Risk roles.
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
• Knowledge of the payment industry, regulatory compliance landscape, and of credit and debit payments systems
• Experience in underwriting, credit analysis for financial services, banks, or fintech companies or relevant analytical experience
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across functional groups within the company, with Clients, Customers and Vendors, as well as Senior Management.
• Ability to manage through influence
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Any Risk, Compliance, Audit and/or Information Security-related certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top