Risk Manager, Kindle Content
The Kindle Content Business Risk Intelligence team proactively manages risk across the Kindle Content organization to drive informed decisions and help the business prioritize the right initiatives. Kindle Content includes a variety of businesses (Managed Publishers, Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon Publishing), services (Kindle Unlimited, Subscribe with Amazon), and subsidiaries (ComiXology, Goodreads). The team functions as a part of Kindle Content and works to implement best practices and support everyday decision making.
We are seeking a Manager to join our Business Risk Intelligence team. The successful candidate will continually monitor that we have assessed our risk focus areas correctly, and prioritize findings and recommendations aligned with our corporate strategy. The Manager must be able to translate risks into business issues and ensure the right prioritizations are made. The candidate will become a trusted advisor and risk partner for the software development teams and, as their risk SME, they will monitor roadmaps and launches to ensure that potential risks are identified and mitigated ensuring there are tools available where appropriate. This will include helping teams think about risk earlier in the development process, looking for persistent and pervasive patterns to quickly identify root causes and trends in a software development environment. The Manager will work with other SMEs around the company, including Content Risk Management, InfoSec, Internal Audit, Tax, Legal and Public Policy, to keep the teams informed of the risk and public policy landscape, and bring best practices where necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prioritizing and executing risk assessments, including gap analyses and recommended mitigation planning, presenting findings to eBooks senior leadership, and program managing the mitigation efforts.
- Maintaining and refining risk scorecard and calibrating its use across disparate inputs.
- Designing and implementing risk reporting metrics to present to teams and senior management to help create goals and monitor improvement.
- Developing risk training modules and facilitating training to teams with different levels of readiness in terms of understanding risk with the goal of continuous risk identification and prevention.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You should be comfortable interacting with software development engineers as well as business leaders. You have risk management experience and you understand how risk impacts organizations and how to improve engagement models to support them. An adept facilitator, you are able to drive the right conversations.
- BS/BA degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including risk management, IT risk experience, and audit.
- 3 + years supervisory experience
- Desire to drive positive change in the organization and proven ability to influence, including influencing senior management and partnering with other business groups
- Excellent analytical skills, including COE root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills
- CIA, CISA, CRISC, or similar certification
- Process improvement certifications such as LEAN and Six Sigma
- Understanding of architectural hierarchies, basic relational databases and operating systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top