Risk Manager - Japanese
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust the Selling Partner Abuse Team is tasked with identifying and preventing abuse for our customers and brand owners worldwide. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Selling Partner Abuse Team designs and implements policies, tools and technology innovations to protect customers. Our team is looking for leaders to take ownership of these various areas and deliver on critical and high visibility projects. We are looking for a Risk Manager to manage critical and high impact global events and escalations. The ideal candidate should be passionate about helping us ensure that customers may make great purchase decisions and that brand owners and sellers using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Your decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and sellers but will help maintain the health of the Amazon catalog and product listings ecosystem.
As a Risk Manager you will be responsible for:
• Identifying, containing, and resolving time sensitive and high impact escalations around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) and safety issues.
• Performing incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
• Analyzing escalations from various sources within Amazon and determining possible root causes.
• Tracking and documenting incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
• Serving as technical expert and liaison to legal personnel and explain incident details
• Take leading role in drafting and presenting deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives and Correction of Errors (COE) reports.
• Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and develop solutions to close them.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
• Exercise strong judgment in areas where policies are not well defined.
• Operate with a high level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems and recommend the most appropriate course of action.
• Dissect complex problems to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and identify solutions to close them.
• Function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 2-5 years of experience in investigations, risk management, incident or crisis management, program management, or escalation handling.
• Strong communications skills and experience creating and editing content for internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrated experience working with cross departmental teams with proven collaboration skills
• Ability to think critically with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
• Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to command and write in Japanese language.
• Advanced degree in a relevant field.
• Experience with SQL and Microsoft Excel.
• Organized, independent, and autonomous, able to set and meet own deadlines, and prioritize work with minimal guidance.
• Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
• Experience preparing reports that identify findings and provide recommended remediation strategies and solutions.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Open to working non-standard hours (nights and weekends) to provide oncall support for high severity events.
• Most investigations will be in English, however language skills in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other non-English languages are a plus
Back to top