- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking an Insurance Risk Analyst to assist with the development and management of Amazon's insurance programs, including supporting global insurance program management (General Liability, Foreign Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, Cyber, Aviation, Trade Credit, and other insurance programs), global contract review, and implementing risk management tools and techniques for new and existing business initiatives. The Risk Analyst will coordinate and leverage a global network of internal and external partners to scale department support globally by engaging with operations, finance, and legal teams.
Reporting to a Risk Manager within Treasury, this position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing Amazon's global insurance programs. Successful candidate is a strong team player with willingness to "roll up their sleeves," is able to earn trust quickly, and is effective at managing risk with and through others.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collect, evaluate, and deliver underwriting information necessary for insurance renewals.
• Provide risk management consultation and guidance to internal customers.
• Partner with internal stakeholders on insurance program changes, retentions, and exposures.
• Assist Risk Managers on collection and review of exposure information for insurance renewals, audits, forecasting, and allocation purposes.
• Identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities.
• Assist with risk assessments and mitigation.
• Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources. (E.g. Risk Management Information System, actuarial reports, and broker data)
• Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.
• Manage insurance forms (TRIA, Auto UM/UIM, etc.), reinsurance contracts, and vendor contracts.
• Conduct domestic and international contract reviews, confirming insurance provisions comply with Amazon's risk tolerances and insurance program, provide contract owner with suggested revisions and direct consultation with external parties as needed.
• Provide risk consultation on contractual risk transfer techniques in addition to insurance specific provisions.
• Manage premium invoicing and payment processes.
• 3+ years of brokerage, insurance consulting, or related startup experience.
• BA/BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, or other quantitative field.
• Possess advance computer skills, including Word, Excel, and data analytic capabilities.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Professional certification (CPCU/ARM) + relevant experience
• Work experience of managing global insurance programs.
• Strong data analytics skills, including use of RMIS and computer modeling.
• Experience reviewing contracts to manage, limit, and transfer risk.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others' perspectives.
• Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
• Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
• Intellectually strong and highly analytical, with ability to use data to drive desired results and support intelligent risk taking
• Familiarity and experience with various risk management techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, bridging divisional, regional, and hierarchical gaps.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to drive negotiations to favorable results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top