- Seattle, WA
We are expanding our Global Risk Management team and insurance program support for Amazon's growing outsourced delivery operations. These are exciting, fast-paced, global roles that will imagine, develop, build, execute, and manage customized Last Mile and/or Crowd Sourced and/or Middle Mile insurance programs for new program/country launches and existing programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• You act as the insurance subject matter expert and advise internal teams on potential risks and coverage requirements for company initiatives
• You understand insurance deeply, but you drive invention of programs that currently don't exist.
• You develop and execute strategic and tactical plans on new and expanding insurance programs for third party Last Mile and Middle Mile operations.
• You own and drive awareness of total costs of managed programs including brokers, insurers, claims administration and loss costs.
• You drive financial rigor and program transparency. Implement monthly and quarterly reports, enabling metrics-driven decisions.
• You guide and support loss prevention initiatives to ensure an open, proactive, and effective safety culture and positive financial outcomes.
• You develop insurance program options, proposals and recommendations for presentation to senior leadership.
• You understand the complexities of local insurance regulations, but seek to invent global solutions where appropriate.
• You are comfortable knowing that these insurance programs may not fit the typical insurance mold, and you are motivated to find solutions that comply with local regulations and meet internal business customer needs.
• You thrive in a flat organizational structure, you tear down silos, drive collaboration, and promote diversity of thought in any solutions.
• You recognize, that to be effective in risk management, you have to work with and through outers to drive results.
• You thrive in a very fast-paced environment and know how to prioritize deliverables.
• You develop scalable solutions, knowing that solutions may be small in early stages but will grow exponentially once launched.
• You understand importance of digitization in a non-digitized insurance industry and drive tech integration into solutions.
• You think on your feet. You quickly assess situations and drive towards solutions that are both compliant and meet internal business customer needs.
• You openly challenge the world around you to find innovative solutions. You enjoy disrupting the status quo and making real, positive business and customer impacts.
• You thrive on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
• 3+ years of risk management, insurance brokerage, insurance consulting, or related startup experience.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate international insurance regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Auto and Motor Liability programs.
• BA/BS degree, preferably in Risk Management, Finance, or other quantitative field.
• 5+ years of relevant experience.
• International experience working outside of the US
• Highly analytical and capable of managing programs through metrics.
• Ability to find simple, intuitive, impactful metrics to drive program results.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Hands on, results driven with strong project management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top