RFx Specialist Specialist SA
- Sydney, Australia
This role is advertised as Sydney but can also be performed from Melbourne or Canberra.
As a Solutions Architect at AWS, you'll build technical relationships with Public Sector customers of all sizes and operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey.
As a Solutions Architect focusing on RFx content and helping build compelling technical content for our solicited and unsolicited proposals. Your broad responsibilities will include: evaluating industry trends across RFx materials in the RFx pipeline, and developing common strategies and architectures to address these trends; performing strategic analysis for specific RFx materials, and developing or aiding in the development of technical responses to customer RFIs and RFPs. You will Think Big about how to change the way we construct proposals to create impact with our customers.
While you will demonstrate your own writing skill, your focus will be on the content and delivery method of proposals, and you will work closely with the Capture and Proposals team to respond to produce compelling content.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
As a public sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud services within strategic accounts.
A note on qualifications the qualification list below reflects the typical candidate for a Solutions Architecture role at AWS, many people in these roles have a variety of backgrounds and journeys and we welcome a chance to discuss how your skills might fit in our team.
• Technical presentation experience White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
• Operational Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• A passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Analytics, Machine Learning, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Back to top