Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
The RF Test Lab Technician will be responsible for the setup, development and day to day operations of the Payload Integration and Test lab, and in the field as applicable. This individual will work closely with engineering teams in the specification / design of, build and /or procurement of test equipment for Kuiper prototype payload hardware. This is very much a hands on role and the successful candidate has extensive experience in supporting the full development cycles of RF, communications, and space hardware through development, prototyping and qualification procedures.
• Working with engineering teams - specify and procure a range of capital equipment to meet program development requirements Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Channel Emulators.
• Run RF test campaigns and provide feedback on the results.
• Setup test beds and maintain them.
• Rework various PCBAs.
• Manage all day to day operations of lab while maintaining a safe operating environment.
• Establishing and maintaining supplies as needed for all equipment operations.
• Keep all equipment in working order, maintain all service and calibration records.
• Ensure lab is in compliance with OSHA, ESD, Safety, etc.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• 5+ years of experience as a RF technician.
• 2+ years of experience with basic RF components and RF test equipment, like spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and network analyzers.
• Associates degree or military training as a technician.
• Experience with common rework of PCBAs.
• Experience conducting measurements with RF test equipment.
• Experience with RF concepts, like dBm, dBW, dB, matching, return loss, insertion loss.
• Experience reading schematics.
• Experience in test plans and protocols to established Space Hardware test processes (GEVS / SMC-S-016)
• Experienced with Python, R&S, Keysight, Spirent and NI test equipment systems.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Proven track record of delivering results on time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us