RF /EMC Systems Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an RF/EMC Systems Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of the RF/EMC Systems Integration team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration at Lab126. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (WiFi), Bluetooth and other IoT technologies.
In this role you will:
• Work within a project team and take responsibility for the WiFi, BT implementation
• Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select components
• Simulate, implement, validate and optimize RF circuits (including schematic capture and PCB layout)
• Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements
• Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue debugging)
• Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
• Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp up and sustaining
• Support radiated manufacturing test and defects in the factory
• Work with software, mechanical engineering, baseband and compliance teams
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• 3+ years of experience in RF design
• Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging and desense analysis
• Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators
• Experience with RF and EM simulation software
• Master's degree
• Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS
• Experience solving Desense/EMI/SI problems.
• Knowledge of 3 D EM tools.
• Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of the set-up and operation of complex RF test equipment required for RF design validation
• Communication Theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top