Return to Work Program - Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Relaunch your career with Amazon Career relaunch program. Particiapants receive 16 weeks of paid internship opportunity with Amazon. After the 16 weeks of the program, participant performance is assessed for full time SDE offers.
The relaunch program inspires technologists to return to work after taking a break in their career. This platform gives candidates an opportunity to work at Amazon, and provides on-the-job training to sharpen their professional skills while working on real world customer solutions. Participants will get training on SDE tools and technologies, technical mentoring and focus groups to help with career relaunch related challenges.
The program aims to bring back the talent who are out of traditional workforce for a few years for a variety of reasons - care giving for kids or loved ones, serving in the military, or time off to find their path. The program is open to anyone who has at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Come join us as Software Development Intern building robust, intuitive, feature rich applications for our valued customers.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field or comparable experience
• 2+ years experience
• Ability to read and analyze existing code
• Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
• Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies
• Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Experience Design, QA and Operations
• Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
• Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
• Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
• Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience
• Production support involved with monitoring production systems and remediating issues
• Participate and lead peer code reviews
• Write domain specific automated unit tests
Back to top