Research Scientist - WW Consumer HR
- Hyderabad, India
The Organizational Research and Measurement team conducts research supporting all Amazon corporate employees. Our goal is to build talent systems to enable employees to thrive at Amazon. We focus on the entire employee life-cycle to improve both business and employee outcomes. This entails doing longitudinal survey research, organizational network analysis, experimental and quasi-experimental studies for causal inference, building services that plug-in to other tools, and providing general consultation to stakeholders. We aim to improve the outcomes of our business and employees by doing cutting edge social science research.
As a Research Scientist at Amazon, you will apply scientific principles, subject matter expertise, and business acumen to deliver results at scale by conducting employee life-cycle research.
• Supporting global-scale research initiatives across multiple business segments and implementing a wide range of scientific methodologies to solve stakeholder problems.
• Collaborating with a cross-functional team that has expertise in the social sciences (e.g., econometrics, psychometrics, judgement and decision making models), machine learning, data science, data engineering, and business intelligence
• Querying from multiple data sources, data cleaning and exploration, and advanced statistical analysis.
• Writing high-quality, evidence-based documents that help provide insights to business leaders and gain buy-in.
• Convert evidence-based insights into usable products, services, or tools for stakeholders.
• Serving as a subject matter expert on a wide variety of topics related to research design, measurement, and analysis.
• Sharing knowledge, advocating for innovative solutions, and supporting team members.
• Proficient in generalized linear modeling and generalized linear mixed modeling approaches; obtained from previous work experience or through a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative social science field (e.g., Psychology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science)
• 3+ years conducting end-to-end scientific research in an applied setting (e.g., exploratory data analysis, generating testable hypothesis, developing measurement tools, conducting (causal) inference, demonstrating impact)
• Demonstrable expertise on research design methodologies for experiments, quasi-experiments, and observational studies.
• Experience with qualitative research methodologies such as grounded theory, ethnography, and focus groups
• Proficient with SQL and at least one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
• Conducting scientific HR research in manufacturing, production, distribution, or related industries.
• Applied understanding of the elements and principles in the following techniques and domains: graphical causal models, Bayesian inference, computational modeling (e.g., agent-based modeling), network psychometrics, idiographic research (e.g., experience sampling), and Machine Learning workflows and algorithms
• Interdisciplinary research or project experience; experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience conducting research on a global scale.
• Experience consulting with senior management and executives in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills. Adaptable, creative, and comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and change.
Back to top