Research Scientist, Merchandising and Customer Experience
The Amazon Books Store team is leading Amazon's charge into brick-and-mortar retail, and we are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, and fun leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world's most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are seeking a Research Scientist to help us understand and improve our stores. In this role you will be responsible for using experimentation and data analysis to answer key business questions, with a focus on merchandising and the customer experience. You will present your analyses and recommendations to senior executives on a regular basis, and build strong relationships with partner and customer teams across Amazon.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing, running, analyzing, and reporting on in-store experiments to improve and optimize business performance. You will gather key questions from partner teams (and create your own), design experiments, identify and obtain needed internal and external data, manage the execution of the experiments, analyze the results, and present your results and recommendations. Based on what we learn, we will make changes in our current stores and the design and operation of future stores.
- Partnering with our merchandising, category, finance, and store operations teams to define and refine hypotheses and tests.
- Serving as a data analytical expert to the Amazon Books Store team.
- Interfacing with external data vendors to obtain required data, when needed.
- Presenting analyses and recommendations to senior leadership and partner teams.
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of data analytical and data modeling experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and statistical software such as R, Stata, or Matlab.
- Ability to discover, evaluate, and capture internal and external data sources.
- Experience presenting to senior business leaders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with customer and partner teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about all aspects of our business.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top