Research Scientist Intern Summer 2018
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Research and Advanced Development team at Amazon Robotics is seeking interns with a passion for robotic research to work on cutting edge algorithms for robotics. Our team works on challenging and high-impact projects, including allocating resources to complete a million orders a day, coordinating the motion of thousands of robots, autonomous navigation in warehouses, and learning how to grasp all the products Amazon sells. We are seeking internship candidates with backgrounds in computer vision, machine learning, resource allocation, discrete optimization, search, and planning/scheduling. You will be challenged intellectually and have a good time while you are at it!
- Currently in a PhD program in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, Operations Research or similar
- At least two years of relevant academic research in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of computer vision, resource allocation, optimization, planning, or machine learning
- Ability to develop system prototypes in simulation
- Drive to see a project through from research concept to working simulation prototype
- A working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
- Fluency in at least one statistical software package such as R, Stata, Matlab
- Scientific mindset and the ability to invent, excellent creative problem solving skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, Python
- Superior communication and data presentation skills
- Prior use of Java or C++ for research algorithm development
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Understanding of big data computing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc) and Amazon Web Services
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top