Research Scientist– HSA
Join the Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) team at Amazon - and build the next generation of self-service advertising products and platform for Amazon vendors. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insight with the purpose of driving return on investment for all advertisers, while powering a better shopping experience with more relevant ads for Amazon retail customers. We are doing this with innovative advertising experiences, both free and paid products, all backed by Amazon's scale and commitment to customer experience. This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy.
Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, modeling, cross-stack product and UX design, combined and directly connected with a marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for seasoned talent to come in and significantly shape how advertising based monetization of eCommerce property takes shape on the web. The work developed in the team and led by the Principal Engineer will become part of the "secret sauce" and core business playbook at the company level.
Core to our success is data science, applied to large data sets at high transaction rates (thousands of times per Amazon search and detail page view).You will be responsible for the research activities that help us provide highly relevant ads to shoppers while growing advertisers' businesses. You will work with applied, research and data science teams to identify new areas for growth, predict key user behaviors and deliver automated decisions in real time.
We are interested in hiring the top professionals & academics in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Physics, and Operations Research. The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and prioritize the work across your team in order to support the broader business initiatives. You should have a solid understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling.
- PHD degree in operations research, management science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science
- Expertise in Optimization
- Expertise in Stochastic Processes
- Ability to develop system prototypes
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in one or more of object programming languages JAVA, C++, Phyton
- Expertise in one or more of the following: optimization, probability theory, queuing theory, game theory, simulation, decision analysis, stochastic models, system dynamics, forecasting and mathematical modeling.
- A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity is desirable.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex logistics software systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top