Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Research Scientist with a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. Your role is to leverage your strong background in Machine Learning to help build the next generation of our synthetic voices used by millions of customers every day.
As a Research Scientist on our team you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build Machine Learning models for their application in speech synthesis.
This role requires a pragmatic technical leader comfortable with ambiguity, capable of summarizing complex data and models through clear visual and written explanations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with machine learning models and their application in AI systems. We are particularly interested in experience applying natural language processing, deep learning, and reinforcement learning at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor in research methodologies, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
• MSc degree in CS, Machine Learning or related area with 3 years of research experience
• Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modeling with at least one publication, as first author, in a leading conference or journal related to one of these fields
• Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
• Working proficiency in English
• PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning
• Extensive hands-on experience in deep learning and speech synthesis
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Strong publication record
• A track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field