- Glendale, CA
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing is looking to hire a Research Scientist with general expertise in experimental quantum physics as part of the Test and Measurement Group within the Quantum Hardware Team.
Successful candidates must not only have a strong background in experimental techniques, but also a solid theoretical knowledge of quantum optics, open quantum systems, and quantum measurement. Candidates must also have superior data analysis, problem solving, and communication skills. Working effectively within a team environment is essential.
In the offered position, the Beneficiary will analyze superconducting quantum devices for the design and implementation of quantum circuits. Duties will also include: understanding sources of noise in superconducting-based qubits and finding design solutions for the purpose of reducing errors and increase fidelity of quantum gates; constructing numerical simulations and employing analytical methods for studying superconducting devices and their coupling to nano-mechanical resonators; working closely with the experimental group and analyze experimental data in order to optimize the coupling, control, and read-out of superconducting qubits.
• PhD in physics, applied physics, or electrical engineering
• Several years of relevant academic research experience or industry experience
• Expertise in quantum optics and quantum measurement
• Expertise in the design and building of experimental apparatus suitable for precision measurements
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven communication and data presentation skills
• 5+ years of relevant academic research experience or industry experience
• Effective working in a team environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top