- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Research Scientist in our Applied Modeling and Data Science team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our Spoken Language Understanding (SLU) models for multiple languages. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will:
• Ensure quality of speech/language data throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
• Clean, analyze and select speech/language data to achieve goals
• Build and release speech/language understanding models that elevate the customer experience
• Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
• Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
• Master's or PhD in a relevant field
• 2+ years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
• Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
• Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
• Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
• Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
• Experience with a wide variety of statistical modelling / machine learning approaches
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional level of organization
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top