Research Scientist, Alexa AI - Analytics and Research
- Cambridge, MA
We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Research Scientist in our Central Analytics and Research Science team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements and evaluation for our spoken language understanding models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology, particularly in developing predictive analytics models for continuously improving the Alexa experience for our customers.
• Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
• Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
• Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
• Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
• Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
• Master's degree in a relevant field
• 4+ years experience with various data analysis, ML, or related quantitative field
• Experience in Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
• Experience analyzing data to identify patterns and conducting error/deviation analysis
• Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
• Knowledge of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
• Experience with statistical modeling / machine learning
• Advanced degree (PhD) in CS, Statistics, or related field
• The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional level of organization
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Demonstrated ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes using strong baselines
• Demonstrated ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top