At Amazon we strive to be the most innovative and customer centric company on the planet. Come work with us while we are developing our Technology to deliver the best solutions for our vendors, warehouses and carriers. Help us solve complex problems impacting billions of dollars per year while partnering with world class scientists.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal solution on the planet. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, , and techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
You'll design, model, develop and implement state of the art and models and solutions used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. The focus of this role is to deploy models that will inform and support our business. You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the leading scientists in the areas of meta-heuristics, routing , and data science. You will work in the application area of carrier safety, creating models that inform our ability to run a safer and more efficient network.
• Partner with the engineering and operations to drive modeling and design for complex business problems.
• Develop accurate and scalable classification, regression, and/or models.
• Build and maintain pipelines and benchmarks to improve model performance.
• Design and prototype decision support tools (product) to automate standardized processes and optimize trade-offs across the full decision space.
• Contribute to the mid- and long-term strategic planning studies and analysis.
• Lead complex modeling analyses to aid management in making key business decisions and set new policies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
This critical role requires an aptitude for taking quick initiative, thinking big, and delivering results to drive innovation in modeling and across Amazon's expanding global network. You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the leading scientists in the areas of meta-heuristics, routing and .
• Ph.D. in Statistics, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
• Detailed knowledge of methods in industrial applications.
• Experience in writing scripts (Perl, Ruby) to manipulate data and developing software applications in programming languages such as C++, Java, and Python.
• The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling frameworks (e.g. , torch, R) is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to work in ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
• Demonstrated experience in using and unsupervised methods in industry.
• Demonstrated experience in using reinforcement methods in industry.
• Experience designing/implementing algorithms.
• Experience in data mining and using databases in a business environment with , complex datasets.
• Strong personal interest in , researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.