- Shanghai, China
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Shanghai AI Lab is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Research Scientist in machine learning.
The Shanghai AI Lab pioneered the research and development of the Deep Graph Library (https://www.dgl.ai/), the world's leading platform for combining deep learning with structural data representations instantiated via graphs. This emerging new field holds tremendous promise to impact a wide surface of applications, both old and new, and is a fertile ground to push the frontier of AI research.
As part of this newly founded lab, you will join a vibrant team with a diverse set of expertise in machine learning, NLP, computer vision, social/product networks, and systems research. And in collaborating across borders, you will also work with world-class scientists and engineers in AWS Machine Learning groups around the globe.
With a particular emphasis on open-source projects and publication at top conferences and journals, your work will directly impact researchers in both industry and academia. As part of this process, you will have the responsibility of designing and innovating solutions for our customers while breaking new ground in research communities, and often both. Moreover, you will gain hands on experience designing and analyzing new models of structured data, while taming large datasets and harnessing super-scale computing resources where needed.
1. Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
2. Strong interest in and/or exposure to machine learning.
3. Solid background in probability and statistics, parameter estimation, optimization techniques, and algorithm design.
4. Proficiency in Python or related programming languages.
1. PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline.
2. Strong publication record in top conferences/journals such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, etc.
3. Critical and scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
4. Experience building deep learning models from scratch, or modifying existing architectures.
5. Good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to prove theories and properties of algorithms; proven track record producing algorithmic innovations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top