Research Manager, Executive Recruiting
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Research Manager to lead a team focused on driving search strategy and execution for executive level roles within AWS. This is a high visibility role with a significant opportunity to drive impact at the most senior levels within the organization.
The AWS Research Manager will lead a small team of research associates tasked with identifying and engaging top talent for executive level positions. This is a fast paced role with a fun and exciting team. This Research Manager will support a particular business line or functional area within AWS, and provide strategic guidance on market research, competitive intelligence, and talent mapping efforts. The manager will oversee the day to day operations of their team, and directly support several complex and high visibility searches.
In this role, the Research Manager will:
• Train and manage a team of researchers within their assigned business or functional area, and maintain a balanced resource allocation across the team.
• Develop strategic sourcing mechanisms and implement new processes across the AWS Research Team.
• Analyze existing knowledge management processes and define and drive changes where appropriate.
• Exhibit strong project management and relationship management skills to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders including executive recruiters and AWS hiring managers.
• Own the employee performance cycle and manage the employee review process with leadership.
• Conduct research to map markets and generate candidate names and profiles, and engage with prospective candidates.
• Own up to 50% search capacity of a full time Research Associate.
A successful candidate will need to exhibit the following traits:
• Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
• Articulate; able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
• Self-assured; not easily thrown, able to think on your feet
• Entrepreneurial; can keep up with the fast paced recruiting culture
• Qualitative Research; the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and quickly learn new spaces
• Strong leadership skills; the ability hire, coach and mentor new research associates
There is room to rise within the company and take on greater positions of responsibility as appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of recruiting or research experience at a market insights firm, executive search firm, or global in-house executive search team
• Previous management experience within a recruiting function, including leading a team of researchers or sourcers
• Experience advising and influencing executive leadership
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Results oriented
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top