Reliability Program Manager
- Nashville, TN
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The and Maintenance Engineering plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Being able to identify risk of equipment failure and eliminate the presence of that risk is what our organization strives for. Seeking a proactive and leadership role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing life, and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, robotics, print and apply systems, and devices and programs
• Coordinate and plan work activities for the inventory control and maintenance planning technicians to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
• Act as first level escalation support for the inventory control and maintenance planning technicians during and after business hours ensuring spares and computerized maintenance system support is available.
• Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, RME , Central Planning, ACES , and Safety in supporting building systems optimization, maintenance and project implementation
• Monitor equipment metrics and partner with the operations to prioritize work and improvements.
• Lead the Root Cause and Permanent Corrective Action activities at the site.
• Identify opportunities to increase equipment and uptime, reduce costs and associated work.
• Make full use of condition-based and predictive maintenance tools to avoid unplanned repair work.
• Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams
• Handle flexible work load which may come from or FC operations
• Participate in conference calls and coordinate with central to complete all tasks required
• Serve as the primary conduit for both upward and downward communication with the Central to both feed up information and data to help drive local and network change while also disseminating and driving efforts and programs downward to local your teams
• Drive and promote safety culture within the site including subcontractors, suppliers and visitors
• Provide engineering guidance to Technicians as needed to ensure maintenance goals are aligned with site operation's needs.
• Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
• Support the Maintenance in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the site as requested
• Develop a strong collaborative -based environment.
• Perform regular deep dives/data to understand key focus areas for improvement across facility
• Deploy, manage, and improve predictive maintenance , including Thermography, Vibration, and Ultrasound technologies
• Create, deploy, and share best practices at facility and share with other sites
• Lead continuous improvement events and generate cost savings that exceed site performance goals
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Reliability Engineering or 2+ years Amazon equivalent experience OR 2+ years of Amazon equivalent professional or military experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a Reliability Program Manager or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience with team management, budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem solving, and client/ customer relations
• Experience required using CMMS systems and reporting
• Experience with computers, including MS Excel, Word and Office
• Relevant training in MHE, Controls Systems, PIT as well as general building operations
• Experience in project management
• Experience with leading and delivering technical training
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as:
o Value Stream Mapping
o Run Charts
o Pareto Analysis
• Strong communication and presentation/facilitation skills
• Strong analytical skills to deep dive into data
• Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable processes
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to align, motivate and lead a including creating accountability
• Prefer experience managing teams in an industrial environment containing , process control and powered trucks
• Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution
• Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
• Field service engineering experience
• Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
• Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. , peers, contractors and vendors
• Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
• Six Sigma certification from accredited
• Root Cause formal and facilitation experience
• PMP certification
• Experience with and electronic principles
• Experience with blueprint and schematic reading
• Experience in usage of programs in support of RCA projects
• Experience with preventive maintenance procedures, industrial , industrial , and industrial electronics & robotics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top