• Manage a team of WF managers (across multiple locations) and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers.
• Will be required to define strategies involving production and customer interaction platforms, operational contact routing, automatic investigation, telephony systems, and workforce management; evaluating improvement options;
• Leads planning and execution of SLAs, capacity, and workflow plans for multiple functional areas in one or more sites.
• Able to define metrics, goals, and strategic direction across functional area(s) in support of overall group vision.
• Leads projects/initiatives and champions projects within and outside of organization or region; influences all participants when driving projects to ensure success.
• Drives strategy and communicates vision with internal and external teams.
• Collaborates with Capacity Planning and Forecasting to determines location requirements by analyzing forecasting planning factors, including service levels, contact volume, contact patterns, staffing capacity, staffing, staff productivity, workforce management systems, workflow, etc.
• Identifies opportunities and risks, dives deep, and works with internal and external teams to implement solutions.
• Innovates by driving continuous enhancements and operational efficiencies across all process areas.
• Influences key stakeholders to ensure that resources needed are prioritized to achieve quantifiable results, monitoring the effectiveness after project delivery.
• Organizes team structure for multiple functional areas to ensure scalability for present and future volume needs.
• Escalate all major issues and site leaders and senior leadership whether they're in operations or the affected businesses ensuring the right people know of the incident at the right time.
• Communicates effectively with senior management and leaders across the organization to determine priorities and direction.
• Creates the development of internal and external communication across organization locally and globally.
• Influences peers, senior management, and external stakeholders on the organizational vision for their functional area(s).
• Continuously builds network of talent inside and outside of company
• Demonstrates and differentiates performance and leadership across multiple levels and is able to apply to hiring decisions.
• Creates mechanisms to quickly on-board new talent to the organization; mentors others.
• Is an effective coach and provides feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development.
• Sets and balances goals across team, optimizing performance against department goals and employee development.
• Assesses and differentiates performance of team members across levels; articulates requirements for promotion ability to team members.
• Identifies resource needs for team.
• Describes the strategic importance of the department's vision inside and outside of team.
• Sets and articulates expectations around leadership behavior for team; models behavior that exemplifies Amazon Leadership Principles.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• Experience in people management
• A completed Bachelor's Degree.
• 12+ years Management experience in a global workforce planning / supply chain / operations management environment.
• Ability to lead, teach and develop associates and managers to deliver key organizational goals.
• Demonstrated success with program & portfolio management in highly matrixed, rapidly changing business environments.
• Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment.
• Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
• Ability to develop and implement planning processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategy into operational plans and business results.
• Experience with managing large-scale organizational change.
• Experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
Is highly analytical and structured
Exhibits excellent business judgment
Hires great people, develops great people
Has relentlessly high standards
Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Expects and requires innovation of their team
Thinks big and has convictions
Is action and results oriented
Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.