At Amazon.com, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help companies transform and innovate with the Amazon Web Services (AWS)* platform, this is your chance to make history.
AWS ASEAN is looking for an experienced, Telco sales leader who is seeking an opportunity to drive digital transformation for Telco / Communication Service Providers. This role will report into the ASEAN Head of Telco.
• Build trusted relationships with the C-suite and key decision makers; understand the customer's business and technology challenges; dive deep and understand stated, unstated needs, issues;
• Working backwards from the customer, build and articulate a holistic, compelling, clear vision, strategy and practical execution plan for transformation addressing business value, technology challenges but also increasing innovation and agility, addressing skills and org challenges.;
• Challenger Sale - challenge the status quo, inspire customer to a bolder vision and increase the velocity of shift to digital; Address short, mid and long-term time horizons; Work with Telco customer, AWS leadership and all key stakeholders to create buy-in and joint ownership of transformation strategy and execution plan;
• Provide leadership to pull together and orchestrate all AWS resources (Sales teams, executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams) to support customer success in digital transformation.
• Ownership of Sell-to, Sell-through/Sell-With sales revenue targets - Translate the strategy to AWS account and sales plans to drive revenue growth for both Sell-to and Sell-through business; Develop and close new needle moving sales opportunities by bringing the best of AWS technology and services to deliver customer outcomes.
• Build a strategic eco-system of AWS consulting, integration and delivery and ISV partners to support the delivery of customer's digital transformation outcomes, increase satisfaction, and build a sustainable platform for sales growth.
• Develop CXO level advocacy - Ensure customer actually realizes the business value from transformation and agrees to be a customer reference
• 15+ years of strategic sales experience for large Telco customers.
• Demonstrated ability to build trust, engage at C-Suite levels.
• Demonstrated ability and track record of driving Telco sales growth, in complex, fast paced environment by think big and having a 'challenger mindset'.
• Ability to think strategically but also dive deep into details and drive execution.
• Experience in leading sales, cross-functional teams (direct reporting and virtual)
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required
• The candidate must possess ability to work with ambiguity, leverage analytical, decision-making, problem solving, and negotiating skills to simplify and provide clarity to team members.
• Strong understanding of Telco IT and digital transformation, role of cloud and other important technologies like big data, AI/ML, OSS/BSS, 5G etc.
• Strong understanding and ability to leverage ASEAN partner landscape Global SIs, ISV's, etc.
• Strong financial literacy, large deal commercial models.
• Prior experience in driving large scale Digital transformation.
• A Master degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field
• A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS) would be preferred but not required.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.