Regional Procurement Operations Manager
- Cairo, Egypt
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need talented and motivated people. If you'd like to be a part of building the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Our Procurement Operations Manager will work with Procurement Operations to handle the flow of non-inventory goods including warehouse supplies, office supplies, corrugate, safety equipment, tools, and material handling requests. This role require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and propelling execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
About the role and responsibilities:
• Supervising a direct team of 6-10 country Procurement Operations professionals with responsibilities across multiple buildings and ensure network-wide standardization for all procurement related processes and FC service activities.
• Manage complex supply chain management aspects of procurement within Amazon in support of Operations Lead for Procurement within building and network project(s)
• Coordinating the demand identification, procurement, and inventory management of all non-merchandise items required for the operation of the Fulfillment Center and Delivery Stations
• Develop and utilize demand forecast models
• Establishing procurement order streams to match supply with demand on a JIT basis
• Working with Non Inventory Receivers and FC Management to coordinate storage, labor and flow through the dock and yard areas for Non-Inventory supplies
• Supervising supplier relationships and performance to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
• Develop and utilize metrics to measure operational readiness and non-inventory performance
• Oversee contract compliance for key categories of spend and suppliers
• Administer and organise national/ regional contracts for supplies and service
• Resolving payment issues with vendors and accounts payable
• Partnering with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions
• Help manage and control Fixed Costs
• Develop and implement plans to achieve annual fixed and supply costs savings
• Interface across Procurement teams to implement best practices and consistency between buildings
• Issue and supervise the Procure to Pay process: requisition, Purchase Orders and help manage Capital Authorization Requests (CAR)
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, IT, or related field
• People management experience
• Relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience; including experience in an operational procurement function.
• Experience directing new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated/refined
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
• Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access or data management systems
• Proficiency with Purchasing tools (Coupa, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
• English and Arabic working proficiency is essential
• Ability to manage complex teams across multiple geographies
• CIPS qualification
• Experience with MENA region
• Demonstrated performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility
• Creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
Back to top