Regional Payroll Intake Manager
- Rogers, AR
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Amazon seeks a Payroll Intake Manager to join our expanding Finance Operations (FinOps) Payroll Transformation (PT) team. FinOps is looking for a driven Intake Manager to facilitate the collection, review, prioritisation, and reporting of customer requests for the Payroll organisation.
The role will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that requests are triaged through a single intake process, keeping the process as customer focused and simple as possible whilst providing critical data points to enable prioritisation, resource planning and capacity management. This is an exciting opportunity to join an area which touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses and is an enabler in ensuring Amazon continue to be the world's most customer centric organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's payroll products, business models, payroll architecture and global operations supporting the end to end Payroll function and supporting processes.
• Build and support critical relationships with internal and external customers and business partners.
• Perform impact assessment, identify request dependencies and obtain confirmation that all technology dependencies are committed to aid in prioritization.
• Building trust by owning stakeholder and management reporting and communications structure.
• Perform data analysis that will support Payroll's strategic planning.
• Co-ordinate with Portfolio and Program managers to handover completed intake requests and have visibility on the end-to-end project lifecycle.
• Own the to and fro communication with the requestor from intake request until resource allocation.
• Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on the design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established Payroll goals.
• Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction. Determines appropriate corrective action.
• Maintain Service Level Agreement for reviewing Intake Requests.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2.000 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• Extensive Program/Transformation Management experience in a related industry, including managing complex software implementation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
• Ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements, manage risks appropriately and effectively. Ability to manage multiple projects/programs
• Results oriented person with a proven track record of on-time project/program delivery for large, cross-functional projects with global stakeholders
• Team player with the ability to draw from the above experience and work on over reaching, global, project strategy
• Ability to run meeting, workshops with senior business, Operations, and Payroll teams to understand requirements, facilitate assessment and prioritization of intake requests.
• Experience working and managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management
• Proven experience working in a matrix organization where most team members do not report directly to the PMO
• Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction
• Proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Experience working on projects across multiple geographies
• 5+ yrs of relevant work experience
• Formal Project Management education
• Payroll industry background
• Knowledge of testing methodology
• Knowledge of risk assessment of financial products and services.
Back to top