Amazon is a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, and the global leader in e-commerce. Since our start in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Our focus on the customer and innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more types of products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices. We are seeking a dynamic, organized self-starter to be the Sr. Maintenance Manager (Sr. MM) and lead our site-based maintenance team. The team is comprised of a Maintenance Manager, Area Maintenance Managers and maintenance technicians reporting to the Regional Maintenance Manager. The primary responsibilities are to lead a large maintenance team that maximizes equipment uptime, executes equipment maintenance and projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced subject matter expert in Maintenance, workplace safety, and data driven management and leadership. A background in material handling equipment systems/applications, packaging automation, distribution processes and storage systems is a plus. The candidate must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as be able to influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels. The candidate must be capable of overseeing the maintenance acceptance of part of commissioning large-scale, complex projects. Moreover, this individual will need to be adept at providing technical leadership and mentoring to a Maintenance team of at least of 80 people.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, mentor and manage site-based Maintenance Managers and Area Maintenance Manager in Amazon's North American Fulfillment Network.
- Develop Maintenance Department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Develop and implement Reliability plans that support increasing the Uptime of the facility
- Drive maintenance Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Amazon customers experience.
- Offer guidance to senior leadership on maintenance and equipment end of life (EOL) issues using ROI, and other analytical techniques.
- Provide oversight for budget development and execution, and capital planning.
- Help manage vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage Amazon's network size to maximize economies of scale.
- Provide monitoring, auditing and enforcement of maintenance execution, safe work practices, and institute and audit training drills across the network.
- Leverage the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network.
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Provide Fulfillment Center General Managers with visibility over the Conduct of Maintenance in their fulfillment centers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire bar raising talent in the Maintenance Managers and Maintenance Area Manager roles.
- Help create a world-class Maintenance organization.
Be willing and able to relocate for the needs of Amazon.
• BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or BS/BA with 4+ years experience in maintenance or 2+ years Amazon experience.
• Previous corporate and/or regional Maintenance roles leading 80 or more employees including salaried employees.
• Experience leading change and maintenance teams in multiple site environments.
• 7+ years' experience managing employees and their performance.
• Strong communication, teambuilding, and influencing skills.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations.
• Thinks big! Proficient data analyst and new processes developer/adapter.
• Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Experienced in material handling equipment and large, complex integrated systems maintenance with strong statistical analysis skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience with the major MHE integrators.
• Exposure to Lean Concepts, TOC, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and SQL.
• MBA or other Master's degree and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus.
• Professional Engineering registration a plus.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $132,600 - $160,000/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation