Regional IT Project Deployment Manager
Join the rapidly growing Amazon Fulfillment Project Deployment team to launch hundred's of new sites!!
The Global Ops Tech IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As a Regional IT Project Deployment Manager, you will lead a team of IT Deployment Project Managers, and work with Regional IT Leadership, Fulfillment Operations, Amazon Logistics, and other customers in developing comprehensive plans to execute the work. You will also align the customer expectations and success measures by monitoring portfolio health and making sure solutions fit with global standards and customer needs. In this role you will be responsible for developing high standards for your team that are scalable, repeatable and global in close partnership with peers from all regions globally.
- Leading and developing a distributed team of IT Deployment Project Managers for North America.
- Experienced people manager, strong aptitude to hire and develop the best, coach and provide feedback to a large team of project managers.
- Identifying scalable solutions, processes and automation to streamline work and improve overall efficiency.
- Forming agile cross-functional and regional project teams that will organize, manage, and execute complex and highly technical large-scale global IT infrastructure programs and projects.
- Solving for intensive growth through smart strategies around IT deployment, automation and processes.
- Centralized and decentralized resource management, capacity and demand planning, and reporting for full cycle planning and resource management.
- Working with senior stakeholders in Operations Engineering, FC Start-up, FC Launch and Regional field partners to align IT strategy with business plans and forward-looking company strategy.
- Developing and driving adoption of new project governance strategies through the establishment of comprehensive global project management standards and reporting.
- Developing business plans with cost benefit analysis for senior leadership.
- Daily collaboration with your Regional IT Deployment peers in EU, North America, India, Japan and China.
- Lead strategic projects for the Ops Tech IT organization that drive significant value, efficiency and performance of the core functions.
- Problem solving, issue and escalation management.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 10+ years of experience of managing IT infrastructure projects of new site launches from initiation to closure.
- 7+ year of direct leadership experience.
- Experience managing project portfolios, budgets and decentralized resources to execute project goals.
- Experience working in a global environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to travel frequently both within country and occasional internationally (~50% ).
- Experience with one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
- Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
- Familiarity working with agile methodologies.
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams/projects.
- PMP Certification
- 5+ years of experience with IT project portfolio management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
- Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
- Large scale IT project implementation experience.
- Experience working with Global (distributed, virtual) teams preferred.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top