Regional IT Manager
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Regional IT Manager
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Regional IT Manager Italy:
Amazon is looking for a leader to manage a vast infrastructure estate with an extensive number of staff reporting to the role. The function consists of approximately 70 IT staff supporting a user base of > 8,000. You will be providing clear and thought leadership to smart and driven IT professionals, you will support and fuel their personal development and you will build trust with your customer base.
You have experience in managing large programs with global impact, you have managed budget (both opex and capex) and resources (>100) and have implemented effective mechanisms to support efficient and flawless delivery.
You are effective in making decisions with limited amount of data at your disposal, whilst at the same time, you have mastered the way to use data points. You are comfortable in dealing with stakeholders at all levels and up to board. You are a team player who does not shy away from responsibility and accountability, you navigate the ambiguity existent at senior level and you provide sound input into decisions involving a large amount of spend and/or involve a large amount of people.
This is a role with high visibility in South Europe and impact.
You will thrive in:
• Leading talented IT professionals.
• Fostering a culture of continuous service improvement.
• Delivering complex projects involving cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
• Inventing, simplify and drive a beyond-expectation customer experience.
As you keep an eye on your Fulfillment Center's IT infrastructure, the extent of your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Ensuring that IT maintenance work and troubleshooting is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety,
• Overseeing the coordination of trouble tickets and change management to strict Service Level Agreements (SLAs),
• You're confident in your IT project management skills: you can coordinate and oversee your team's projects as they support technical task execution,
• You'll also ensure everyone in your team takes real IT Ownership, ensuring effective reporting while working towards efficient, internal customer satisfaction,
• You'll own the development and management of the IT budget, through its lifecycle,
• Ensuring that the IT team is as focused on Amazon's internal customers as you are, while delivering an outstanding level of service in the process,
• You'll encourage, support and facilitate IT skill development of Fulfillment Center staff,
• You'll manage people, hours and shifts: this will include staff and team scheduling,
• Overseeing continuous improvement of all IT team processes and initiatives: you'll get behind our Fulfillment department continually driving operational excellence,
• Coordination of inventory and procurement management, as it relates to the needs and realities of your IT teams and their equipment,
• Confident representation of the site and IT Team in local, regional and global meetings.
• A technical Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline is necessary,
• Previous, relevant management experience in an operations or logistics environment as an IT or ICT Manager, or alternatively as an IT Service Delivery Manager,
• Previous experience in Linux/Unix support and/or Microsoft Windows support,
• You possess networking knowledge and expertise, specifically LAN / WAN and wireless,
• You're confident with IT infrastructure, including comfort with data cabling and other fundamental aspects of computer facilities infrastructure,
• Previous experience of developing, lobbying for, owning and managing IT budgets; including staff, hardware and software,
• You're able to hit the ground running as a team leader; you possess in-depth, superior technical aptitude, alongside excellent written and oral communications skills in English,
• You can also offer effective project management skills, alongside the ability to deal effectively with all levels of company seniority, in a variety of situations,
• Strong analytical skills, along with proven a problem-solving ability, are both a necessity,
• Previous support team management experience, in the context of a fast-paced production environment, in which frequent and significant customer interaction is required,
• You'll need to be excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing European (and global) environment; occasional travel will be required.
• A Master's degree in a relevant discipline is a nice-to-have,
• An understanding of core internet technologies, including DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems,
• CISCO experience and certifications,
• Certifications in Unix/Linux System support and/or Microsoft Windows system support,
• Telecom knowledge, including VOIP / SIP as well as mobile technologies,
• Previous help desk / technical support experience,
• Previous Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience,
• ITIL and Prince2 certifications would be advantageous,
• You're able to develop clear and concise documentation,
• You're willing and able to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Center Automated Systems,
• Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment, as well as the overall IT lifecycle,
• You would be confident about coordinating with head office/corporate-based support groups to implement global IT changes
Back to top