Regional Infrastructure Operations Leader (Indonesia)
- Palo Alto, CA
At AWS, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pursue unexpected paths and try to see things differently. We don't just sit back and watch the world change; we're the ones changing it. We encounter interesting, challenging and complex problems every day. We are looking for a curious and inventive leader who can innovate to solve these issues and help drive operational excellence.
If you have a passion for technology along with a desire to achieve best-in-the-world operational performance, come build the future of Indonesia cloud with us as the Regional Infrastructure Operations Manager
The Regional Infrastructure Operations Manager is a key role in the management team that is operating and scaling the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. You will be responsible for one or more Amazon Data centre Clusters and PoP-scale deployments within Indonesia. It is a senior Infrastructure Operations role where you have the managerial responsibility for safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
The Regional Infrastructure Operations organizations are composed of four functions: compute operations, engineering operations, logistics, and security. Compute operations focuses on the server-level environments that support Amazon services. Engineering Operations focuses the mechanical, electrical, and controls systems that support our Data Centre critical environments. Logistics Operations executes materials planning and control to support both on-going operations and expansions. Security Operations is charged with the physical security of our people, assets, and Customer Data. The Regional Infrastructure Operations Leader must manage across the disparate functions but also have the ability to dive deep into any given function as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
• Hiring, managing, and developing the operations management team including compute operations managers, engineering operations managers, logistics operations managers, and security operations managers.
• Attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
• Planning and executing the Infrastructure Operations component of new Amazon Data Centre build outs, new colo build-outs, Amazon Data Centre expansions, and colo expansions, including server hardware install and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, security system install and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, and related Operations tasks.
• Operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for Amazon Data Centers to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and change management.
• Vendor management of colocation Data Centre services providers to meet or exceed contracted performance SLA's.
• Safety, security, and availability incident response, incident management, and incident resolution.
• Continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools.
• 10+ years relevant experience in data center operation. Preferably experience in managing scaled, multi-location operations, facility engineering operations or information technology industry.
• Proven ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing technical teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa
• Solid experience in continuous improvement with proven track records in process optimization and delivering saving both in lead time reduction and hard dollar saving.
• Strong and proven people and project management records
• Expertise in one or more continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma.
• Experience in collaborating with other functional teams like BD, Construction, Planning, Procurement, Finance and HR.
• Deep knowledge in IT and infrastructure domains.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top