Regional Industrial Engineering Manager
Do you want to be part of an organization that is on the leading edge of operations involving sortation, distribution, and logistics as Amazon delivers world class service to our customers? The Amazon North America Sort Center (NASC) Industrial Engineering Department is looking for a proven technical leader with extensive experience leading teams in applying planning and engineering principles to operations. This would also include developing and implementing process improvement projects within the logistics and distribution industry. As a Regional Industrial Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of Industrial Engineers working with a broad set of stakeholders including engineering, operations, network planning, and service performance in designing and improving our expanding network of North American Sort Centers, while challenging the status quo of existing operations. This position requires a firm understanding of engineering principles, planning, forecasting, cost estimating, and process flows along with proven management skills in leading and developing others.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Plan and develop a dynamic network of facilities.
- Lead Industrial Engineers as they apply engineering principles, develop processes, and improve operations.
- Study operations to optimize and design utilizing new tools involving simulation and planning.
- Work with stakeholders to build a cross-functional team to execute the operational launch of a new site.
- Develop innovative design concepts to improve throughput and labor in the NASC's.
- Scope and implement next generation automation solutions for the NASC's.
Our Regional Industrial Engineering Managers work across the organization to find solutions to complex problems and are expected to innovate on behalf of our customers to ensure these solutions provide a flawless experience. In order to accomplish this, the individual must think strategically and make data driven decisions. You will be driving efforts, both independently and with your team which will have a significant impact on this growing business. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering results. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon's strategic objectives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. You should be experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions, and leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities.
- BA or BS in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent technical field from an accredited university
- 5+ years serving as an engineer in logistics, distribution, or transportation
- 2+ years of management experience leading teams or groups and developing others
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, and influence across all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully work with others
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- MBA or Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical field from an accredited university
- Management experience in operations within the logistics, distribution, or transportation industry
- Experience in developing and/or implementing Automation and Material Handling solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top