Regional Fleet Manager
- Berkeley, CA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager, Regional Fleet Operations who will be responsible for ensuring that capacity and quality of vehicles is matching last mile business demands. This person will support the San Francisco area in the US and permanent work site will be required to be in that region.
Key functions for the role include:
-regionally drive a continuous improvement programs and cost improvement opportunities maintaining positive working relationships with operations leadership.
- Develop processes that support delivery training and audit mechanisms to maintain high standards.
- Partner with future program product team to develop service policies and influence the overall program to achieve business objectives in a timely manner.
- Provide operators' input to develop workflows that will achieve compliance to processes; serve as a liaison to ensure product readiness for new launches
-cooperate with the stations and other business functions to identify and consolidate vehicle demand in regards to peaks and ramps
-cooperate with NA teams in communication of local business needs and understanding of last mile vehicle strategies
-regionally monitor pipeline, and readiness to ensure sufficient capacity is available and escalate on time to avoid shortfalls
-ensure that delivery orders are executed on time in full and in line with highest quality standard
-Travel ranges from 25% to 50% to North American Delivery Stations required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
• Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
• Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
• Experience with data mining and data analysis
• Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
• Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
• Delivery Station experience
• Fleet Management experience
• Background in mobility services e.g. Car Lease/ Automotive company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top