Regional Environmental Engineer (France)
- Santa Barbara, CA
The Regional Environmental Engineer (REE) will be responsible for AWS environmental compliance at data centers in France. The REE will ensure standards and policies support regulatory compliance, and they will provide appropriate environmental compliance guidance to regional operations and construction teams. The individual will complete contractual and environmental performance analysis, manage regional environmental professionals, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Amazon environmental procedures. The REE will work with internal and external partners that include government entities, contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders.
The Regional Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, demonstrated success in program development and project management of complex and technical projects.
• Manage compliance with local and national environmental regulations, contractual obligations, and Amazon policy.
• Develop regional strategic programs by integrating with operators, engineering, construction, and operations - drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization.
• Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees is completed in accordance with Amazon standards.
• Develop environmental metrics to measure, monitor and forecast performance.
• Conduct thorough and accurate environmental audits to drive continuous improvement.
• Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
• Represent Amazon at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company.
• Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately.
• Submit time critical reports to various governmental agencies.
• Complete thorough and accurate environmental incident investigations and associated regulatory reports and develop appropriate corrective actions.
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in environmental, civil or chemical engineering or related field of study
• 7+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, environmental manager, program specialist, or program manager
• Experience with contractual, regulatory, and liability assessments, ICPE permit evaluations and applications, EIA's, water discharge requirements, and waste management
• Broad knowledge of european and regional environmental regulations and programs
• Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization.
• Experience successfully implementing environmental systems
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels
• Fluent in both French and English (both verbal and written).
• Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including comfort interfacing with senior leaders inside and outside the company
• Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
Back to top