Regional Enterprise Security Manager (Americas)
Amazon Web Services' (AWS) Security Assurance team is seeking a high-judgment, self-motivated professional to join our global team. The Regional Enterprise Security Manager (AMER) will join a diverse and global team of experts to provide a wide range of services, including global incident response, security consultation, stakeholder engagement, training, and escalation management.
The ideal candidate will have global experience managing security-related services in corporate or government environments, will be energized by working on issues that change day-to-day, and be passionate, creative and eager to learn. They will be able to get up to speed quickly on complex issues, multitask while maintaining high attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a proven and successful leader, have a phenomenal record of customer service, possess expert verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate keen judgment and critical thinking while under pressure. The candidate will also be able to successfully operate autonomously, and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
AWS Security is a 24/7 operation. After-hours calls, night/weekend work, international travel, and participation in on-call paging will be required.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Global implementation of security best practices and industry standards
- Provide alternate solutions to complex security problems
- Critically analyze security operations for process improvement
- Advise internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Provide security consultation and guidance for internal customers, business units, and executives
- Lead on-call incident response
- Provide oversight for global security awareness training
- Enterprise policy development and implementation
- 7-10 years' experience implementing and managing incident response, crisis communications, global event monitoring/analysis, and workplace incident response
- 7-10 years Experience briefing and counseling Fortune 500 C-suite audience, or equivalent
- 7-10 years Experience managing complex global issues, and coordinating incident response across multiple business lines
- 7-10 years Experience building and influencing strategic relationships, building policies and governance documents
- Understanding of risk and crisis management
- Expert with MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other MS programs to include SharePoint, etc.
- Availability for after-hours calls, night and weekend work
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, International Studies, Area Studies, or similar ·
Expert communications skills, including a mastery of the English language both written and spoken
- Advanced degree in relevant fields
- 10+ years' experience implementing and managing incident response, crisis communications, global event monitoring/analysis, and workplace incident response
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role
- Ability to speak a second language to English (Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, French, etc.)
- 10 years experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top