Region Build Technical Program Manager
- Arlington, VA
Amazon Web Services is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure Cloud platform enabling and simplifying all aspects of our daily life by hosting hundreds of thousands of applications such as Netflix, Fortnite, Zillow and more in 190 countries around the world.
Do you want to make a difference by serving billions of world wide customers? Do you want to work alongside exceptionally talented technologist and industry leaders? Do you want to break new ground through your ideas and innovation? If yes, talk to us!
• You are accountable for building AWS Regions and launching new AWS Infrastructure to enable AWS services to reach billions of customers globally.
• You will plan and collaborate with multiple stakeholder teams, including infrastructure, networking and services teams, to deliver work.
• You will leverage your strong program management background to develop and manage schedules, identify and manage risks, manage scope and timelines by mitigating constraints/blockers, influence and negotiate with external teams and stakeholders, maintain partnerships and conduct timely escalations to leadership.
• You will leverage your strong technical background to solve complex Region build problems, deep dive on technical blockers, design solutions, make technical trade-off decisions, and work closely with engineering teams to drive implementation.
• You successfully represent program status to senior leadership. Your program management expertise and operational excellence influence the team's decisions and drive secure and scalable solutions.
• You raise the bar on delivery through introduction of best practices, technology innovation and schedule optimization. You achieve operational efficiency and customer centric delivery through automation and effective collaboration across service teams.
• In this role, you are at the forefront of cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services, and must be creative and forward leaning in developing solutions.
• Most importantly, you are a technical leader with strong communication skills and ability to deliver results on complex, ambiguous projects.
Team: The AWS Region Services Team plans, designs and oversees the launch of new AWS Regions globally to meet the growing customer demand for AWS services. Our team orchestrates the delivery of large, fast-paced software and hardware projects engaging with infrastructure, networking and numerous service teams across AWS. We have ownership and responsibility for defining and executing processes that deliver the best customer experience for Amazon and AWS customers. Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life, both at and outside of work. Our team is a highly diverse team and has a broad mix of industry experience and Amazon tenure. We are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship and are dedicated to supporting new team members as they start their journey with AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
"This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us."
• 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development.
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
• 5+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
• Comfort and experience with cross-organizational communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
• Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations.
• Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Can independently identify down-stream programmatic and technical risks/opportunities (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate tech resource before they become project threatening.
• Hands-on experience in an engineering role (e.g. Software developer, Network engineer, Systems Engineer)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top