R&D Technical Develpment Program Manager
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking a proven technology leader to lead development and testing of advanced automation technologies at Amazon's new R&D Center. The R&D Technical Development PM supports Amazon Robotics Engineering in the development and testing of Robotics/Mechatronics systems, Packaging Automation, Autonomous Vehicles and Sortation systems. This position requires the ability to innovate, analyze, plan, organize, implement, and manage process improvement projects to maximize safe, economical, and effective use of materials, energy, and people.
Performance Objectives will consist of:
- Study, learn, and diagnose Amazon fulfillment operational processes, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort.
- · Planning and designing systems that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance.
- · Leveraging and integrating advanced technology into process design to maximize return on investment and minimize costs.
- · Recommending and implementing changes to product design, safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards.
- · Project and change management from conception to completion.
- · Working with local sites on technology adoption and execution.
- · Writing clear test plans, standard work documents, and training materials for each technology.
- What is the impact you can expect to enjoy:
- · Work on high impact projects at the leading edge of one of the world's most innovative companies.
- · Help Amazon meet the challenge of growth by designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems.
- · Work with operations leaders as part of the Amazon Robotics Engineering team to deliver transformative change.
- Willing to travel, up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in business operations, engineering or a related technical field
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in product development or project management
- At least 5 years work experience in engineering or manufacturing with highly automated systems and robotics.
- Experience with integrating new systems into new and existing work environments.
- Experience with influencing, negotiating and communicating across multiple organization levels.
- Experience managing a management of change system with integrations to engineering and procurement/supply chain.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project), AutoCAD, and statistical analysis tools (JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.)
- Prototyping/testing lab experience
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing experience
Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners
- Working knowledge of OSHA, CFR, RIA
- Working knowledge with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs
- Working knowledge of Analytical Problem solving tools including Statistical Hypothesis testing, Optimization heuristics, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Simulation, Queueing Analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top