RCCS GPSS Program Manager II
- Bangalore, India
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Our mission in RCO is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction.
As a member of Amazon's Global Planning and Site Strategy (GPSS) the successful candidate will assume primary responsibility for raising the performance bar, proactively balancing growth with demand and driving new innovation for site wise headcount planning, network capacity. and hiring management. The ideal candidate will possess both an analytical background that enables them to manage global network planning, and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically. In this role, you will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The successful candidate will work with multiple stakeholders to drive RCO strategy to optimize resource utilization, reduce organizational costs and increase our RCO associate experience. The optimal candidate is an experienced and vibrant professional who will excel within an entrepreneurial culture fostering transparent customer relationships, balance frugality with creativity and function and able to successfully work in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
Key responsibilities include:
Customer Relationships - Develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external departments to quantify business projections, forecast network capacity, investigate underlying issues to mitigate risks and create short and long-term solutions.
• Based on forecasted volume received need to conclude on the Headcount requirement
- Identify idle site to hire the Headcount to meet delivery in minimum cost
• To work with required teams to get additional seats in case of ramp up
• Monitor execution of headcount plans, analyze plan performance against volume trends, SLAs, projected capacity vs. actual capacity and track/analyze impacts of process improvements
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, engineering, economics or related field
• 3+ years of direct experience in Capacity planning
• 4+ years in program/project management
• Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent speaking/listening/writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Problem solving and data analysis skills
• Analytics experience with big data in an operations environment is preferred
• Capacity Planning (Forecasting and Headcount planning) or Workforce Management experience strongly preferred
• Programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
• Motivated/flexible enough to work in US/Europe day time (India Night hours)
Back to top