Rack Decom Datatech
- Dublin, Ireland
The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed off premises. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.
This Entry Level position requires candidates to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual who can adhere to strict processes and be able to perform repetitive tasks with no deviation and demonstrate continuously consistent results. Team Members will be working in a team environment not only with other members of the team but also from other teams and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
This is an entry level position and qualified candidates do not require intimate details of software operations or networking protocols. Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
Data Center Technicians (Decommission Technician) will be responsible for:
- Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
- Moving/lifting packages usually no greater than 20kgs.
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Hard drive installation and removal, and destruction
- Basic Networking hardware removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system or to a team lead
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required -
- Familiarity with basic PC components/hardware: • HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media • USB/FireWire/Esata • Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
- Laptop and basic IT software literacy
- Works well with others and communicate/promote cross team functionality
- Ability to perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
There may be an element of shift based work required with this role.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
-Basic knowledge of computer hardware systems.
-Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
-Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
-Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
-Able to lift/move up to 20kg equipment on a daily basis.
-Previous experience working on IT equipment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, building computers, troubleshooting PC/Desktops/Laptops).
-Previous experience migrating and decommissioning of data center assets.
-Previous experience with a ticketing system.
Back to top