Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) will be a subject matter expert for print book file quality. The candidate will identify gaps between our SOPs and subjective file content and suggest ways of reducing ambiguity. The QAS will highlight improvement opportunities for our interface and training, as well as answer questions when Quality Assurance Associates (QAA) are uncertain of how to proceed. The QAS will review QAA work to ensure accuracy.
- Perform quality checks for the quality assurance associates by quick, visual reviews of print book files based on specifications and training
- Compare each task against specifications outlined in SOPs to ensure accuracy
- Identify training gaps and cooperate with Quality Assurance Leads to help support associate coaching and training
- Act as a SME and effectively answer questions for Quality Assurance Associates
- Effectively communicate questions or concerns to Quality Assurance Leads
- Within general workflow guidelines, work autonomously to meet targets and timelines
- Perform tasks using fair judgment in understanding instructions provided by the Subject Matter Experts, managers, or SOPs.
- Meet productivity targets
10:30 AM - 7:00 PM Tuesday – Saturday
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft systems including: Word, Excel
- Fluent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to troubleshoot and make quick decisions based on training
- Ability to track data and analyze metrics.
- Ability to work weekends
- Knowledge/experience in publishing industry would be preferred
- Experience in quality assurance
- Experience in making accurate decisions with ambiguous content
- Fluent in second language, in addition to fluent English (spoken and written)
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems and software
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize, with strong organizational and follow-up skills
CreateSpace is part of the Amazon group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top