Quality Assurance Manager - Amazon Alexa
Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come join us as we're working on expanding Alexa's skills and capabilities.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work closely with the Product Management, Software Development Engineering, User Experience Design, and Customer Support groups to understand the product vision, requirements and customer usage models and develop appropriate test strategies. You will be setting the QA team's technical vision and roadmap, developing and tracking project schedules.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager has a strong customer focus and is obsessed with continuous quality improvement; they are experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for feature testing and regression; they are able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as to take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. They are dedicated to building a strong and highly performant team.
- Working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Overseeing the development and execution of test plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics.
- Working with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs.
- 10+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and at least five years as a manager
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented SDETs and QAEs
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test execution cycles simultaneously and synthesizing the results
- Experience with systems automating client / server testing with a heterogeneous mix of client applications and devices
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience with communications products (e.g., IP messaging, voice, and/or video)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with functional, performance, and stress testing for large scale products
- Experience driving technological and process innovation
Amazon.com, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top