Quality Assurance Manager
- Taipei, Taiwan
About Sidewalk: Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to help our multi-site device software development teams deliver high quality products. You will work closely with our global teams to plan and coordinate the execution of quality assurance assignments, while simultaneously pushing your teams to the next level in terms of productivity and efficiency. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design long term quality strategy, with strong emphasis on automation. Your obsession with the quality improvement across the whole development cycle is the very key to your success in this position.
• Strategize, develop, and manage quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications
• Architect, standardize, and execute manual and automated testing methodologies across multiple products/projects that enables high quality deliverables
• Create detailed test plans and test cases and oversee their execution
• Create Quality KPI and take actions to drive the teams to deliver perfect quality products and re-validations.
• Recruit, develop, mentor, and coach QA Engineers
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• Bachelor's degree in CS/CE/EE or related Engineering degree
• At least 8 years of industry experience, including at least 3 years of hands-on testing and 2 years managing a team of 10+ members
• Technical knowledge of consumer electronic products and network communication
• Must be self-motivated/self-directed, able to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and flawlessly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Past experience conducting field validation of wide area communication
• Hands-on experience with test automation framework and implementation
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results
• Experience validating high quality consumer facing applications on embedded communications platforms
• Experience with systems automating client / server testing with a heterogeneous mix of client applications, embedded devices, and cloud backend
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top