Quality Assurance Manager
AmazonFresh is an Amazon.com business offering customers same-day and early morning delivery fresh grocery and local products including hundreds of thousands of Amazon items. The service is currently offered in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Japan. We have aggressive expansion plans beyond these regions. With a huge selection ranging from milk to electronics, customers can order by 10am and have their products delivered by dinner. We obsess over our customers and continuously strive to improve their customer experience. We are constantly expanding Fresh and have a set of exciting new initiatives and formats on AmazonFresh that will change the way our customers interact with us.
As a manger in Fresh QA you will lead a team of software engineers and quality experts in the design, development, testing, and deployment of client software. Collaborate with business and development teams to drive product vision and gather requirements. Develop quality engineering approaches that best fit into the overall architecture of the software lifecycle. Work closely with engineers to architect and develop technical design and approach. Design test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses, data, and tools that increase the speed of release cycles and allow for constant high quality results. Oversee the development and execution of test plans. Establish and monitor reporting on test execution. Develop the long-term strategy for programs and translate strategy into an achievable road map/action plan. Manage and execute project plans according to road map and delivery commitments. Manage departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to higher management.
- 7+ years of technical industry experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of hands-on testing experience
- Experience in SQA methodology and tools, including programmatic-level testing and user-level automation is a plus
- Experience in UI testing
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and overcome hurdles
- Experience with XP or Scrum a plus
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant technical discipline
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top