Quality Assurance Engineer Lead
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors.
IMDb is looking for a senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our teams to help drive innovation and quality into multiple customer-facing products – IMDbPro and Withoutabox. IMDbPro is the leading online resource for finding talent, getting discovered, staying informed, and staying connected in the entertainment industry. Withoutabox is IMDb's premier film submission service connecting the world's largest community of independent filmmakers with the most prestigious film festivals.
As a senior QAE, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with software engineers, product managers, user experience designers, and customer service to deliver high quality visionary software products to our customers. You will be on teams in an innovative and fast-paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. You will be responsible for creating and driving processes to develop comprehensive testing strategies for web and mobile applications. You will define and execute manual and automated tests to constantly improve test coverage and test effectiveness. You will lead developing of test automation on mobile test harnesses. You will deliver scalable QA processes and strategies across multiple products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience working in software development or quality organizations
- 4+ years of experience defining and executing software quality best practices
- Expert knowledge of QA methodology and tools for web and mobile applications
- Strong experience in writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
- Strong experience in UI testing
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience in mobile application automation (iOS/Android)
- Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to make informed triage recommendations
- Being adept at managing competing priorities and programs
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top