Quality Assurance Engineer III
- Cambridge, MA
The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap & Amazon Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume end-2-end test software applications that support the edge ML solutions. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the quality of our ML solutions and customer experience.
• Responsible for establishing new test frameworks and processes for testing ML solutions in devices. To do this, you will have the most advanced tools at your disposal.
* Responsible for looking to the future and identifying what the team will need to test experiences that were not thought possible today.
• Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
• Collaborate with applied scientists to deliver innovative solutions.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Provide technical excellence
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Demonstrated success delivering high quality, innovative products based on rapidly evolving technologies
• Ability to engage and influence senior leaders
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead other team members
• Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and define roadmaps
• Ability to work with cross-functional internal teams
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly
• Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful test setup, engineering design and implementation.
• Experience in modern programming languages (Java, Python)
• Experience applying computer science fundamentals in practice.
• Hands-on programming experience
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top